Friday 21 September 2018

Everything is so different.

I awoke in a comfortable bed to the sound of beeping machinery.

My head was splitting and the room seem to be spinning.

I tried to climb out of bed but I was too weak.

I just lay there staring at the polystyrene tiles ceiling waiting for my head to clear.

After what seemed like an eternity I heard the door open and a young man dressed in scrubs and a white doctors coat entered.

I said to him in a voice that was not my own what's going on and where am I?

The young medical man just picked up the chart at the end of my bed and said Mr Smith you had a massive heart attack on the subway last week and despite our best efforts were unable to save your body.

Shocked and terrified I just looked at him and said what do you mean you were unable to save my body?

The doctor put down the chart & walk to the edge of my bed and said we were able to save your mind not your body and that's when I really noticed myself.

I don't know how I did not notice it earlier.

I noticed the long black hair in front of my eyes.

The skinny arms and the tiny body.

The breasts on my chest & the chang of ethnicity.

I screamed at him to give me a mirror!

Which he did and it took me a few seconds before plucking up the courage to look at myself.

I could not believe what I was looking at.

I had gone from an overweight 45 year old white man to a slender 30 something year old black woman.




I screamed at him in my new high pitched voice what have you done to me you bastard!?

He just looked at me and said it was the only way to save your life.

We did an emergency brain transplant & this was the only body we had available.

He left me lying there staring in the mirror taking everything in.

I know I should be grateful that they saved my life.

But why did they have to put me in a woman's body?

2 comments:

  1. Can you do one where two best friends who were once a couple swapped bodies, and as time goes on, they're unable to swap back. The girl in the guy's body becomes used to being a guy even though she misses her body and gets anniyed that the guy still complains about being a girl. The girl then chooses to take his name and starts calling him by her name and tell him to start using her phone and social media sinfe they are most likey not swapping back later. He tries to tell her that they should try fatinv again and that can possibly swap them back, but she has no interest and only sees him as a best friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for taking the time to comment Trey.
      I have added it to the list and I will work on it shortly.

      AG

      Delete