Tuesday 23 May 2017

Technology quite not there.

After five and a half long years trapped in the past in a woman's body working as a secretary for a small computer firm in 1960s England Jerry a computer programmer had finally been able to recreate a similar device to the one that had sent him back in time when it had overloaded and exploded.

He was just keeping his fingers crossed hoping that it had enough processing power with the new solid integrated circuits to recreate his experiment and hopefully return him back to his own time and his own body just seconds after the original experiment.




Nervously he typed in the commands on the antiquated keyboard.

The computer clipped word and groaned as it struggle to do the complicated mathematics before a big pop bang and fizz and the machine shutdown.

Jerry just sat there in the middle of the wreckage of his machine still trapped in the past still trapped as a woman knowing it was going to be a good 50 years before the technology he needed was fully invented to send him back.

So he had no choice but to settle down and accept his new life.

1 comment:

  1. It started in the year 2020, you heard of those rumors the forbidden technology. I came across a piece of technology that looked like it belong to movie. As a joke I activated it. And it send me back nearly 60 years ago.
    The worst of it. I was a young women. The problem was this stupid thing stopped working. And I was struck as a woman. In the 1960's so I decided. To go the nearest computer company in 1960's England there a few, and few hired women. So I decided to find out why or how come I'm here. The problem was that they don't any idea, to design the first prototype the micro chip. So I need to get in the right direction, or I never learn about computers. Maybe I can start this up. Because after nearly 5 years taking a back seat, for my knowledge of computer. Plus I'm starting to adjust being a girl!

    ReplyDelete